Sunday, June 28, 2009

Livin La Viva Glam



MAC Pro Class

How much do I absolutely LOVE hitting up the MAC counter? I’ve been a MAC fanatic since the very first time I walked by the counters in California and saw the chic black packaging and my love grew as I worked as a makeup artist in Nordstrom during college. Everytime I think that I know just about everything there is to know about the brand and the product, my friendly MAC makeup artist shows me a brand new product that I learn to love, or April comes home with a new eyeshadow and even if it’s similar to one I already own, I want the same one she has, “just because.”

So when one of my favorite MAC girls invited me to take the MAC Pro Class in Chandler this past month, I was ready and willing to sign up for it, because even though I think I’m just genius when it comes to beauty products and skin care, there’s always more to learn, and as a teacher, I believe in being a lifelong learner, even if it has to do with lipliner and bronzer.

As I entered the class, I was a little overwhelmed at how many women were in the class. They were all fellow makeup junkies, and the women at the front of the room, dressed in black, had impossibly perfect makeup and complexions, which of course made me at once envious, and curious to find out how to simulate the look.

I soon discovered I was in the presence of makeup greatness. The makeup artist was none other than the artist who does makeup for Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and has worked for MAC for years. She was so funny and personable, it made it completely okay that she is in her late 30’s and still looks like she’s starting college.

If ever there was a class to take, it would be this one, ladies. There were even trannies who were picking up new techniques and tips, and you know the cross dressers are usually the last to admit they need help in the cosmetic department. I learned how to apply my moisturizer, and how to blend foundations better, and most importantly, I discovered a new product that has totally made my face look unbelievably gorgeous, even after I emerge from my two and a half hour Saturday morning gym sessions. It is called Fix +, and it is a spray that puts soothing botanicals and moisturizing water into your skin, hydrating it and giving you a dewy finish that makes you look younger and fresher than ever before.

Beauty is only skin deep, but it’s also something that makes you feel radiant and glowing, and when you feel good on the outside, you feel better on the inside, and the world can use a few more smiling faces. Preferably with gorgeous new lipstick and a touch of blush, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment