Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bringin Sexy Back


One of my biggest dreams in life is to own my own boutique. I've always wanted a store of my own. Since I spend a bulk of my time shopping, and since everywhere I go, people either ask for tips or ideas, or ask where I bought something or how I happened to style a particular piece I have on, I figure it'd help make my style accessible to consumers. I also know I'd feel a deep sense of satisfaction serving my community and the fashion community by carrying chic labels and styles at different price points. Anyway, this is my vision, my dream. I love fashion in a way most don't...I love the aesthetics, the stories behind the designers and the labels and how they brought their ideas to life, the craftsmanship and the timeline and hands that touched the clothes to bring them to the racks...THOSE are reasons to love fashion. As if you needed any more? And one day, I aspire to be one of those hip boutique owning hotties running around in my heels, a cute skirt and having people walk in and ask, "Can I get the skirt you have on in a size 4?" That would make one of my dreams come true.

That being said, I'm quite the picky bitch when it comes to boutiques, merchandising, selection, and most importantly, customer service. If I walk in and get snubbed, I am going to tell you and your chic boutique where to go and also, where I'd like to shove my stiletto. I will also take my Am Ex and my pride someplace where it will be appreciated.

How happy was I to walk into Elan boutique at the Mix Shops on Stetson Drive in Scottsdale only to find the sweetest, most personable staff, in addition to the owner herself, running around grabbing all the new dresses she just got in to show me. She wasn't sittting behind the counter pretending to both ignore me and organize receipts; instead, she was having an in-depth conversation with me about shopping, labels, and the new things she's bought for herself lately.

Elan carries sexy chic clothing in a wide range of price points. There are jersey knit dresses that are cut in a sexy V to show your gorgeous tans, ladies; and there's plenty of jewelry to choose from to accessorize your ensemble. The store's merchandise caters to the type of woman who likes to look luxe, fashion forward, chic, but also sensual. If Gabrielle Solis on Desperate Housewives was a real person, this is the type of store where she would spend boatloads of Carlos' cash. While the store may seem a little small, Elan is neat, clean, organized, and very well stocked with styles reflective of the owner's taste, which I think is the most important quality to look for in a boutique. If you're an eternal Abercrombie girl, why would you carry clothing that looks much more glam? You're a representation of your business, honey.

And Elan Boutique? You are representing, for all the hottest ladies out there. Get it, girls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment