Sunday, June 28, 2009

Service with a Smile


I just have to write a quick note to say that when I get great customer service, I remember it forever. I worked at Nordstrom in college and I will eternally remember the “tire” story that I heard my very first day on the job: a lady took tires back to Nordstrom, Nordies doesn’t sell tires, but they gave her the money back for the tires, anyway, to appease her, and she became a lifelong customer.

I’m a big fan of MAC cosmetics, and if you’ve read my blog, you know I mention MAC products quite often. But one of the things I love most is that when I walk into the MAC store at Scottsdale Fashion Square, the makeup artists are always so cordial, polite, and helpful. The same goes for the MAC counter at Dillards at San Tan Mall, especially Jenny, who is one of the most genuinely kindhearted people you’ll ever meet and who I used to work with when I worked as a makeup artist in college. She not only has a ton of product knowledge and experience, she’s funny and personable and makes your shopping experience top-notch.

You always remember kindness and thoughtfulness. And if you can carry out a bag with the perfect shade of eye shadow, that’s even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment