Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Price Worth Paying


Ahh, don't you just love boutique shopping? I think the thrill of finding new goodies for myself that I know very few of my friends will have, (even the most stylish among us) is what makes them all the more appealing to me. The thing is, I often feel about boutiques the way I feel about men. It's always nice to see what's out there. Let's face it ladies and gents, we like to look in Carolina Herrera and Louis Vuitton because everything is gorgeous and wonderful, until we flip the price tag over and nearly fall on our asses when we look at the four digit numbers. We always want what we can't have. But eventually we wisen up and realize that the boutiques (or those people we lust after) are never going to be accessible and that they may not even be worth the price we have to pay. And it isn't that we are settling, but we search out places (or people) who can fulfill our needs while still making us happy, because happiness? Shouldn't have to come with a hefty price tag.

Francesca's is one of those stores for me. When I first walked in, I was overwhelmed by the selection; so much to take home under one roof, it was bliss. Wall to wall assortment of clothing; cute wall hangings with unique sayings and cliche quotes; decorative items for your home; and the most impressive array of costume jewelry I've seen yet. There are helpful sales ladies (honestly, some more friendly than others, that's something that could be improved, admittedly) and one of the women who helped me recently when I ran in and bought two new handbags made me laugh and shared stories about her daughter and her purse addiction (her daughter and I are about the same age.) The prices are affordable, and you can get apparel and accessories that are from the same designers and labels as you'd find in a lot of Scottsdale boutiques, but for much more reasonable prices.

I bought a sexy orange dress and wore it to a baseball game a few months ago and it was a big hit everywhere I went; perfect for Spring, and I only spent $25.00 on it, which, if you saw it, was worth every penny.

No matter what it is you're lusting after: a man, or a new pair of ballet flats, there are some sacrifices one just should not have to make. Your finances are no exception. In the game of life, your heart may get broken along the way, friends, but if you shop at a boutique like Francesca's, one thing that won't get broken is your bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment