Monday, March 8, 2010

I Just Kicked You to the Curb...In My Red High Heels.



I realize I write a blog about fashion, shopping, beauty, and style. But the one lesson I've learned above all, ladies & gentlemen, is that NO woman can truly be beautiful unless she loves herself first. That means, respecting herself enough to be HONEST and REAL about what she needs, wants, and deserves. No pair of Manolo Blahnik strappy sandals, no Chloe handbag or Gucci sunglasses or Hermes scarf will make you feel completely whole unless you know who you are, and unless you put on your best pair of heels and walk in the direction of what you want. Those who choose to follow you, and walk beside you, and hold your hand, need to know what you're worth, too. And if they don't, then by all means, baby girl...kick 'em to the curb.

In your red high heels. ;)

HERE IS LC's "Song of the Week", a tribute, to any girl who is too afraid to ask for what she wants. Whenever you feel like that, girl, remember the newest pair of Jimmy Choo heels. If one Neiman Marcus won't hook a sister up, there are PLENTY of other designer retailers out there who will. ;) And, FYI, yes, you're WORTH it.

Baby I’ve got plans tonight
You don’t know nothin’ about
I’ve been sitting around way too long
Trying to figure you out
But you say that you’ll call and you don’t
And I’m spinning my wheels
So I’m going out tonight
In my red high heels

I’m gonna call up that old boyfriend
You said still has it bad for me
I’m gonna take him into town
Flaunt him around for everyone to see
Well you said so yourself
You know the deal
Nobody holds a candle to me
In my red high heels

Well you can watch me walk if you want to, want to
I’ll bet you want me back now don’t you, don’t you
I’m about to show you just how missin’ me feels
In my red high heels

All those games you tried to play
Well they ain`t gonna work on me now
I put up a barbed wire fence
around my heart
Baby just to keep you out
Well you thought I’d wait around forever
But baby get real
I just kicked you to the curb
In my red high heels


No comments:

Post a Comment