Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mr & Mrs Marc Anthony on the Red Carpet


Jennifer Lopez has always been one of my favorite celebrities. I can honestly say that if I have achieved any successes in my life, her influence, and her example of hard work and what can happen when you chase your dreams, probably pushed me to want more for myself and my life than any other actress. One of the things I love about JLo is that she always does what she wants, regardless of what others may think; she follows her heart even when she might get chastised for it.

So when she married Marc Anthony, and everyone said, "What is she thinking? She's too pretty for him!" or, "JLo is a homewrecker! Marc already had a wife and children at home, and he was running around with Jennifer all this time! What an asshole! What a whore!" The truth is, I was happy for them both. Jennifer and Marc were not only very close friends, they motivated each other professionally, and he was there to help her through every one of her breakups and broken hearts and divorces. They belonged together, regardless of what the haters had to say about it.

When they showed up at the Oscars this year, dressed to the hilt, looking fab, I couldn't have been happier. And though Jennifer might receive some negative press for her dress choice, this gown looks incredible on her, and her hair made her look younger and graceful. Not to mention, Marc looked handsome next to her...and they looked happy, which is what matters most.

I once read a quote from Jennifer Lopez in InStyle Magazine, where she said, "I'm in love with being in love." Well, love certainly suits Mrs. Marc Anthony just fine, because she, and Marc, stole the spotlight at the Academy Awards. Hopefully we will see many more films to come from JLo, and we'll see Marc, right by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment