Sunday, July 26, 2009

She Works Hard for the Money...





As a teacher, going back to school doesn't just mean picking up school supplies for your students or decorating your classroom (although that's an expense in itelf, also.) It also includes buying yourself a fabulous new outfit for the first day, (and maybe a few for the days to follow, if you're anything like me.)

Ever the fashion plate, I try to keep in mind that as a teacher, I also make a pittance in comparison to women who work in the fashion industry in high powered careers. However, I don't believe one should ever have to sacrifice style in the name of your budget. I try to seek out deals on designer clothing and shoes wherever I can, but sometimes, it takes a very savvy, fashion pro to find such steals.

The past two years I bought Calvin Klein dresses to wear the first week of school. Now, most teachers out there are probably shaking their heads and wondering why I would do such a thing, because I don't make a fortune, but these were what I like to call "investment pieces." Calvin usually makes dresses that are very neutral, with clean lines and classic, tailored fits: clothing that makes you look like a modern day Audrey Hepburn while still being very contemporary and modern. At the same time, I always know exactly when a dress is going to hit the sale racks: I always have had a knack for this. Hey, some people can predict the weather, I can predict sales. What can I say, I didn't get to pick my talents, I was just born with them. Consider me blessed.

On that happy note, Nordstrom is having their Anniversary Sale storewide right now, and online, so, because I am a die-hard fan and an avid customer, I wait in anticipation for the opening day of this sale, and plan out my purchases accordingly. On one of my (read: several) trips to Nordie's during this sale, I found THE cutest Calvin Klein dress to wear to work, and you can even take it from day to night with the right shoes and accessories. Punch it up at night with a cute pair of red heels (and if you've got the money, honey, make those babies Jimmy Choo's.)It's office appropriate, party pretty, and hell, if someone happens to die, you can even wear it to a funeral. (Let's hope it's someone you never really liked, and not someone you loved.) The guarantee is, you WILL love this dress, and so many more items at Nordstrom's, the price can't be beat for Calvin Klein, and the other guarantee? You will look drop dead gorgeous while saving your hard earned money.

No comments:

Post a Comment