Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shoo, Jimmy Choo...and Goodbye to Debt, Too.



One of my goals this year is to resolve my financial issues. I plan to clear up this messiness by figuring out a way to curttail my spending.

This might be tricky, given the fact that I write a fashion/shopping/style blog that is devoted to highlighting the best of the best in the shopping sphere, and also, the fact that I love shopping more than the average woman. How can I figure out a way to pay off all of my credit card debt while still getting bi-weekly manicures and pedicures, and the occassional new accessory of the moment? I mean, sure, maybe I can make do with the pairs of jeans I currently own (considering I have almost 40 pairs in my closet) but what will I do without a new handbag once a month? Bag, Borrow, or Steal is not my thing. Not only is renting a handbag not up my alley, I would forget to return the damn thing, and then I'd end up having to pay full price for it.

Along comes this fabulous little book, Shoo! Jimmy Choo, by money pro Catey Hill. Not only does it give realistic advice for women like myself (who want to know how to afford a pair of Louboutins while also paying off student loan debt) but it also offers ways to maximize your return on your taxes, pay off high interest credit card debt, and save for retirement.

Spending money is easy. Saving is the way to become a bonafide millionaire. We all know this is true, but so few of us do it. Why? Perhaps because we aren't very good at being supportive friends to each other. We'd much rather encourage each other to go shopping or hit up the salon together. This book is written by the girlfriend you never had, but always NEEDED. She gives you tough-love but realistic advice in an easy-to-understand and relate to format.

And if she can teach me how to become a millionaire by the time I'm 40, (OR possibly retire by 40) I'll take that over a pair of Jimmy Choos, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment