Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You Gotta Feel It...It's Electric...



One of my favorite places to shop is Electric Ladyland. Yes, I know this boutique's been around for a while now, but it's an oldie but goodie, so to speak.

Maybe it's because the owner, Penny, has the same style that I do (she mixes elements of sexy, classy, and over-the-top bling together to create her signature style) or maybe it's because her son, who is the co-owner, not only looks scrumptious, but, in every interview I've read, always pays tribute to his uber-fashionable mother. (I can only hope that if I have a son, he is every bit as gorgeous and will honor ME in magazine interviews. After all, when you look at a man with style, you can bet your bottom dollar his mama had something to do with it.)

I have purchased everything from my favorite Juicy Couture pieces like hoodies and velour pants to some super cute jewelry, to gorgeous tops by designers like Sky, which sent me through the metal detector at airport security. "The HELL you're going to frisk me, jackass," I told the TSA gentleman who wanted to figure out "where the metal is that's setting off the detector." (The top had gold metal pieces right under my boobs. Quite a lovely top, but that didn't mean I'd let the terrorist police feel me up.) "I'm wearing designer labels and armfuls of bling. Do you honestly think I'd hijack a plane wearing Chanel sunglasses and carrying a Marc Jacobs handbag? I think not."

Nevertheless, Electric Ladyland not only outfits me in sexy, sleek new looks, they provide the valley stylistas a place to find one-of-a-kind brands, as well as more established designer labels. Check them out today at one of their locations, and at www.electriccouture.com.

Electric Ladyland is located at:
15435 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (480) 948-9341

(After this blog was posted, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to add one important fact: Electric Ladyland is now referred to as Electric Couture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment