Wednesday, December 30, 2009

LC's Glam Squad


At the risk of sounding like a self-important, conceited bitch (but what the hell, this is MY blog, after all) people ask me everywhere I go, “Who does your hair?”

I admit to spending a great deal of time and money on the beautification of Lorraine. I wish I could say I am one of those women who gets their hair cut every six months at Supercuts and just doesn’t give a shit (okay, I DON’T EVER want to be one of those women, who am I kidding?) But if I could find a way to write off “hair expenses” and “beauty treatments” on my income taxes, trust me, I would.

Barack Obama, by the way, this is something to look into. Pretty sure Michelle is not getting her hair done by just any random Joe at a cheap, back alley salon specializing in cornrows and weaves. Let’s make one category to itemize expenses for salon visits. Stimulating the economy, one hair appointment at a time. Barack Obama, you said it yourself, honey, it’s time for change.

These are the people who keep me looking and feeling like a million bucks, otherwise known affectionately as my 'glam squad.'

My List of the Crème de la Crème when it comes to BEAUTY PROFESSIONALS:

For Amazing Hair (if I became a celebrity tomorrow, I would hire him to be like Ken Paves, Eva Longoria’s hairdresser, who travels from movie set to movie set doing her hair. Yes, he’s that amazing):
Lethan Olvera
Toni & Guy Salon San Tan Village
2200 East Williams Field Road, Suite 119
Gilbert, AZ 85295
(480) 812-1955

For Incredible Color (only she could take me from Salma Hayek brunette to Jessica Alba honey blonde in a matter of months with no damage to my hair):
Dani Craig
Toni & Guy Salon San Tan Village
2200 East Williams Field Road, Suite 119
Gilbert, AZ 85295
(480) 812-1955

For a fantastic haircut, and the best blowout of your life (he worked for Dolce Salon for years, and he’s not only talented, but a total sweetheart):
Brent Poarch
Sheila’s, Globe, Arizona
(Message me for the number)

For the best waxes, facials, and a great selection of skin care products:
Fuschia
Val Vista & Baseline at Dana Park Village
480-813-7465
1854 S Val Vista Dr # 108, Mesa, AZ

For a great spray tan, or tanning packages that are reasonable, and a fabulous staff of tanning pro’s:
Sunchain Tanning
Power & Baseline
(480) 654-1220

For a fantastic manicure or new set of nails, treat yourself at Addicted to Nails. Ask for Sheera, she’s not only professional, but she’s the friendliest and sweetest person and one inspiring lady.
950 East Pecos Road
Chandler, AZ 85225-2401
(480) 753-3920
www.addictedtonails.com


Visit all these salons and professionals today, and tell 'em LC sent you. You might not be able to write off the expenses on your taxes, but there's no price you can put on looking and feeling fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment