Wednesday, September 23, 2009

27 Dresses...& Then Some.


I have been in a number of weddings. I've been known to be referred to affectionately as "always the bridesmaid, never the bride," or my favorite, "You're like the girl from 27 Dresses!" I feel like saying, "Yeah, thanks asshole, as a matter of fact, it was 28 dresses, not 27."

In all seriousness, I don't know that I will ever be the one to get married. In my family, there are plenty of girls, and all of them have tied the knot or are planning on tying the knot soon, and I'm known as the free spirit, the independent, the one who doesn't commit to anything except maybe a designer handbag, and even that can seriously only last for a few seasons.

But since I've been the bridesmaid or maid of honor in quite a few weddings, one thing I can tell you brings to mind the expression "love-hate relationship" very quickly is shopping for bridesmaid dresses. The bridesmaids dress can be a tool of torture, or one of sheer delight. Either your bridesmaids look stunningly sexy in their dresses, or they shudder at the thought of wearing a pastel colored monstrosity.

The boutique Twirl, which I found in Scottsdale, Arizona (there are Twirl boutiques in various locations, and also, you can hit up their online store) features gorgeous bridesmaids and wedding party dresses in a variety of cuts, colors, fabrics, and styles that are sure to satisfy every member of your bridal party, even those with the most discerning taste.




After all, just because it's your big day doesn't mean that the people you've chosen to help celebrate your nuptials should have to sacrifice personal style. You can look gorgeous in your Vera Wang, but for heaven's sake, don't make anyone feel like Katherine Heigl in 27 Dresses...trust me, I've seen plenty a taffeta nightmare hanging in my closet, and it's nothing nice.

To shop at Twirl near you, find a store at: www.twirlboutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment