Friday, September 25, 2009

Style by the Mile


One of my dreams in life is to find a way to mesh my love of writing and my love of fashion into one job that will be lucrative enough to support myself and my lifestyle. That being said, I love any books that have anything to do with fashion, whether it’s about a designer, a photography book, or a book with hints and suggestions about makeup, beauty, or fashion. I have a floor to ceiling shelf filled with books like this; some of those books have been read and re-read over and over again.

That being said, I have loved Nina Garcia even before she was on Project Runway, and even before her days at Marie Claire. I recognized Nina and her sense of style and innate gift for putting together exquisite looks for the pages of Elle. One look at Nina, and how could you not want to be her? Or at least have her career. I remember buying her book, Little Black Book of Style, and reading it over and over again on a flight back to Phoenix when it first came out. I bought her second book, The 100, and now, was overjoyed to pick up a copy of the last book she has written, which could not have been published and released at a more appropriate time.

Style Strategy is a great guidebook that will help anyone, even fashion know-it-alls, reassess what’s in their closets and what to add; it not only is realistic and accessible, it’s also got an introduction that will make anybody stop and reflect on their fashion hits or misses, and know that it’s not about how much money you have; it’s about how you rock the look.

Money can’t buy style, but if you budget accordingly, you can get the most bang for your buck. Let Nina show you how. Pick up your copy at Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com today.

No comments:

Post a Comment