Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby Bling



Finding out at the age of 27 that you are going to be a great-aunt seems unrealistic to so many. When I tell people I'm going to be a great-auntie, they usually look at me in disbelief. But, alas, my older brother (who's 12 yrs older than I am)married a woman 6 yrs older than he is, and she had 2 sons, who then became my nephews. We were raised together, same neighborhood, and are more like siblings than aunt & nephews. My oldest nephew got married 2 years ago and just announced to our family that he and his wife are expecting a baby.

Though we don't know the gender yet (it's still too early) we are all overjoyed and excited to see our little bundle of joy for the first time. Babies are always precious, always a gift, even if they are a surprise.

And being the shopaholic that I am, the first thing on my mind was all the adorable gifts out there for expectant parents.

Since this baby is living in California, and will be born in SoCal, he or she will have to be cutting edge, from crib to diaper bag. After all, when you're sharing zip codes with some pretty fashionable babies, you've gotta model yourself after the likes of Sparrow and Harlow and Honor and all the other Hollywood babies out there.

Kendra's kid can move to the side...because my new niece and nephew will steal the show if their Auntie Lorraine has anything to say about it.

Here's one example of an adorable blinging baby rattle I found while shopping online for gifts. You can customize it, and shop online at www.bebecakesboutique.com.

Babies are heaven-sent, so buy your little angel the best of the best. If you have to make an entrance into the world, it might as well be a stylish one.

No comments:

Post a Comment