Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kate the Great



There are few people who I would venture to say are 'role models' in my life. In order for me to call you my 'role model' (and sincerely mean it) there are standards you have to meet. That is why I have very few women in my life that I would call my personal role models, because I hold myself to a higher standard than most ladies do, especially women my age.

I don't really consider any celebrities my personal role models, but I do have fashion icons that I admire and respect for their personal taste and style. There are few women out there who usually get it right when it comes to dressing themselves. When it comes to style, I believe you either have it, or you don't.

Kate Moss, bless her heart, would not qualify to be in the running for a guest spot on the "LC's Role Models" episode of my dream talk show. She's had some bad personal habits in the past, some of them no doubt accounting for her teeny tiny, rail thin figure. (If you need a hint, the keyword here is: BLOW.)

But I do consider her to be a woman with inimitable style, and someone whose look so many of us who love fashion take cues from on a pretty frequent basis.

So how much did I love this photo of Kate, in a look that inspires me to venture into my own closet, and pull out some pieces that were very 'Kate Moss.'

Role model or not, when it comes to style, Kate is definitely influential.

No comments:

Post a Comment