Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Bonds of Sisterhood



There's something about sisters. My Mom has a younger sister, and my Auntie Gloria seriously might as well be like a sister to her. Even though they all may have disagreements from time to time, they're there for each other at the drop of a hat. My parents didn't have any other daughters except for me, but my Aunt Pat (my Mom's sister) has 3 daughters, and they are just as much my sisters as biological sisters could be. In fact, we are closer than most sisters who are connected through DNA.

April and I, in particular, grew up being really close, just like sisters. I always needed her. I guess I needed that reassurance, the advice that comes from having a big sister. Even though we may not have always seen eye to eye, we love each other and are there for each other when it counts. And one thing that always bonds us together is shopping, and fashion. Priscilla, our baby, is 19 and a college freshman, and she is a little style junkie, as well. When we hit the stores, the MAC counters, or the salon, everybody knows us, and we're a familiar fixture on the fashion front.

So it's no wonder that I love, love, love Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. These shows always remind me of my 'sisters' and they are always dressed in clothing that mirrors the personal style of my sisters and I.

Not to mention, they're crazy biotches, just like we are.

Sisters may argue, or fight, or bicker, and they may not always agree. But sisters also heal, comfort, and one thing they never disagree about is that looking fab is not an option.

Catch Kourtney and Khloe take Miami on E!. Check E!Online for times & locations. And to look like a Kardashian yourself, visit their online store: www.shopdashonline.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment