Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fake Baking in the Dead of Winter


“You’re starting to get pretty…light,” one of my guy friends told me a few weeks ago when he glanced down at my bare legs. I was wearing a pencil skirt at work, and as I looked down, I understood what he was talking about.

Through the winter months, I’m obviously not laying out on the beach, or in my Mom’s front yard, or at the lake, while under the influence of vodka, and so my legs tend to get pretty pale. In fact, my body gets much more pale than my usually bronzed skin.

When I was a kid, I was dark and skinny. I was awkward, at best. The other girls in my family were light complected. My mother had a light complexion, and my Dad, a farmer’s tan. I was teased relentlessly. “You’re adopted,” my brother told me once. “Mom and Dad found you on the side of the road, driving through the reservation.” In hindsight, that wasn’t so politically correct of my brother (or biologically accurate, considering I look JUST like our father) but hey, he’s related to ME, what the hell can you expect?

These days, I sometimes rely on the help of my tanning professionals to get my skin looking like I just flew in from San Tropez, and there is no shame in my game. Although I’m naturally brown, obviously I need help, just like most of us do, and even though skin cancer is scary, an occasional tan (or spray tan) is something I enjoy and indulge in.

My tanning salon pick for best service, prices, and results is Sunchain Tanning—specifically, the one on Southern and Power in Mesa, Arizona. The customer service is exceptional, the prices are reasonable, and you’ll be a bronzed goddess in no time flat. Check them out for yourself, and visit my favorite location today.

Power & Southern
1155 South Power Rd. #108
Mesa, AZ 85206

p: 480-654-1220
emmgr@sunchain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment