Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Lady in Lace


Initially, I bought the black lacy top below because I intended to throw on a nude colored cami I had purchased at Nordstrom and layer this top over it, and then add a fitted, tailored, sleek black blazer from White House Black Market over that, and wear it with black tailored Theory pants to work.

Since I am on medical leave, and since I work in a small town where I get little to no appreciation for my sense of style, I figured I'd pair it with a lovely black bra I bought at Victoria's Secret recently, a pair of jeans or a black leather mini, and wear it to go have a drink (or two, or three) with my friends, or on a date. (Yes, I said 'date.' And no, hell is not freezing over.)

Kristin Cavallari, I understand we both have a penchant for starting fights with annoying, needy and pathetic, and somewhat dim-witted girls (like Audrina Patridge, for instance) "stealing" other people's boyfriends, and Stephen Colletti (well, you seem to have left him in the dust, but my love for Stephen is still goin' strong) but did you have to go and wear a similar top, too? I mean, you have all day to spend in the gym. Me? Not so much.

Even still, I will rock this lacy top & still hope for the day when I, like Kristin, can steal Brody Jenner away from a Playboy playmate (Jayde Nicole) who looks like a cross-eyed freak of nature. Talk about a butter face. (As in, 'Everything's good, but-her-FACE!)

Again, a girl can dream.

To buy your own version of this top, visit www.bebe.com or Bebe stores nationwide, or you can pick up a similar and still very cute version at Express stores, or online at www.expressfashion.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment