Thursday, November 26, 2009

Time to be Thankful...


Angela (my teenage niece) and I went to see The Blind Side today, as our Thanksgiving Girls Day Out treat to ourselves. I was off of work today, so I picked her up after school and decided to take her shopping, to California Pizza Kitchen, and, of course, to the movies. One of the movies that was on our must-see list was The Blind Side, starring Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw (who is the sexiest man in country music, hands down. Faith Hill...get it, girl!)

The Blind Side is beyond inspirational and moving, and anyone with a heart will be touched in one way or another by the film. And though I loved Sandra's performance, and her character in the movie, one thing's for sure: whoever dressed her, picked a phenomenal watch to grace her tiny little wrists.

I've been lusting after this wrist watch for months: it is exactly what I'd like to wear to keep track of time, as it seems I need far more practice in this department, since I am eternally running late.



It is the object of my affection, and it's yours for the taking if you want to fork over $225. Which, in the larger scheme of things, is a small price to pay for a gorgeous new wrist watch. It's by Michael Kors, and is available at all Nordstrom stores and online at www.nordstrom.com.

Although after seeing what Michael Oher went through prior to finding this amazing family who helped transform his life (and he, theirs) you may put your priorities in order, and find yourself, as I did, grateful for what you already have...not only in your closet or jewelry box, but in your home, in the people you love, your friends, family, and most importantly, right inside your own heart.

That's something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment