Wednesday, November 4, 2009

LC's Book of the Week



LC's Book of the Week Pick is definitely Sue Monk Kidd & Ann Kidd Taylor's book, "Traveling With Pomegranates." Not only is it beautifully written, it chronicles the trips of a mother and daughter, and the way they evolve and change as women. Their relationship with each other is strengthened through the book, as they grow closer, and as years and different events bring them together.

The past week, I've realized how close I am to my Mom, now, and how much closer we've become since she could have lost me last week...knowing that, maybe gives me some sense of mortality, and how fragile life can be...and how blessed I am that I have a mother who loves me and wants to take care of me unconditionally.

I watched Steel Magnolias today, and all I could think was how much Sally Field's character reminds me of my own mother. Resilient, caring, devoted, loyal, and willing to fight for her children no matter the situation.

Thank God for Mothers.

To buy "Traveling With Pomegranates," visit Barnes and Noble, Borders, or www.bn.com. or your local bookseller today. It's definitely a must-read. Buy a copy for your Mom, too. It would be the perfect gift to place underneath the Christmas tree...and we all know that's coming up, right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment