Friday, November 27, 2009

For the "Man's Man" this Christmas


In an attempt to solve all your gift-giving dilemmas this holiday season, I will feature items that I think would make great presents for all the people on your holiday shopping list, especially those challenging people who are always hard to buy for. One of those people is no doubt your brother. Or, your best guy friend. Or, the guy at work who not only listens to you bitch, but sometimes picks up the tab for the beer you drink at happy hour. And more than likely, your whiny ass owes him a damn good present.

The book you need to RUN to Barnes & Noble to purchase these guys is called, “I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell,” and after reading an excerpt in the store, I bought it immediately. I was laughing until my abs hurt, and the writer is genius. Your buddies will love it, and will want to add the author to their list of friends to drink with.

The writer is a womanizing, game playing, lying, immature, irresponsible, borderline alcoholic with shaky morals. His saving grace is that he is, in fact, hysterically funny.

Hmm. Sounds like the guys I’ve spent the greater part of my twenties dating.

Pick up your copy of “I Hope They Serve Beer” today at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, or Borders, and give the men in your life another book to read, which no doubt will be sitting next to the Maxim and Playboys next to his toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment