Sunday, August 30, 2009

Because I Can




I remember this shade of lipstick coming out when I was a young girl; I believe it was before the whole early 90’s grunge thing was going on. This hot pink shade was all the rage, and I remember wanting a tube of lipstick in this color sooo bad. Except at that time, I thought designer lipstick came from Maybelline or Wet & Wild. I would take what I could get when I was 8 years old.

Fast forward 20 years, and I no longer have my mother telling me “No! You cannot buy lipstick that looks like that, you will look like a cheap whore!” My mom would now encourage me to go run out and buy this lipstick, because it might look sexy, and sexy just might get me a date with a guy who might actually want a second date, and a third date…and that would get her daughter out of the house on Friday nights for a change.

Now, now that I am almost 30 years old and a grown ass woman, I can buy whatever lipstick shade-of-the-moment my little heart desires.

And when I pick up my tube of Nars’ Schiap lipstick, which goes on smooth but wears on your lips forever, and I keep in line with the current trend, I will know that I have grown up. I am wearing hot pink lipstick, why? Because I can. ;)








Purchase your very own tube of Schiap lipstick by Nars at select Nars counters, at Neiman Marcus or Sephora, or online at www.narscosmetics.com, because you can. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment