Friday, August 28, 2009

Find Your Peace, DJ AM



I am saddened by the news of DJ AM(Adam Goldstein's) sudden death, and perhaps even more disturbed that drugs were involved, especially prescription pain pills. I'm not sure what it will take to open people's eyes to this tragedy that happens everyday across America, because so many people refuse to acknowledge the severity of this social problem.

I know I write a style/fashion/shopping blog, and this may not seem like a topic for discussion, but I recall very vividly when one of my favorite fashion plates, Nicole Richie, first started dating DJ AM. Although they parted ways, it's so sad that he turned to drugs for whatever reason...and the one thing I do know is, regardless of what drugs may seem "trendy" or "in" at the moment, there's no man or woman in the world who can possibly look chic or beautiful with a drug problem...

Hopefully this tragedy will be a lesson learned for those out there who are struggling with the pain of addiction...and hopefully, they'll get well soon.

RIP Adam. Find your peace. <3

I wish the same, to everybody else who needs to find peace within themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment