Sunday, August 2, 2009

On Location with LC




Few people delay their flights simply because they "just need more time to shop." One of my favorite fashion partners-in-crime, my good friend Brooke, who is actually a designer for Cynthia Vincent, is one such woman, just like me. This is how we decided, on a weekend getaway trip to the Bay with our friends Ashley & Kyndal, to postpone our flights and spend more time together perusing the racks everywhere from H&M to the stores in Union Square.

It was a cold and rainy afternoon in February, and I just couldn't get warm. We had on our cutest boots and skinny jeans, and yet, I knew the jacket I had on still wasn't warm enough. I needed something new, but classic and chic at the same time. I was hesitant to buy a coat at Bloomingdales because frankly, I wanted to be able to afford to go on another vacay in my lifetime.

Brooke and I stepped into a super cute boutique, Aritzia, and I found the most classy, sophisticated black button down coat that tied in at the waist and made me look like a modern day Ava Gardner. I got into our car, and we arrived at the airport totally in style (minus my curly, wet hair, which got drenched in the rain.)

There's more to Aritzia than just coats (for those of you who are thinking, "how can she possibly talk about jackets and coats in the dead of summer?) and they carry such lust-worthy labels as James Perse, Marc Jacobs, See by Chloe, Cynthia Vincent, Vince, J Brand, Current/Eliot, and Earnest Sewn.

If you're ever in San Francisco, and want a great place to shop, visit Aritzia at Westfield San Francisco Centre, or one of their other great locations, everywhere from Vancouver to Santa Clara to Chicago and Seattle. The entire location list is on www.aritzia.com, and then you can also browse their selection of labels on the website, as well. It's totally worth a visit into one of their chic boutiques.

Delaying your flight in the name of shopping? Well, that's optional.

P.S.--This dress that Jillian from The Bachelorette wore on an episode of Regis & Kelly is from Aritzia, it's by Wilfred and is available exclusively at Aritzia. On a tangent, my nephew Alex pointed to the TV and told his Mom that Jillian was his Tia Nini (ME) the other day, which I find so ironic because, hello, I'm known for being the eternal bachelorette/hopeless romantic. And one thing I could totally fall for? This dress. So shop away, dolls. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment