Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rockin' That Thing...




If there's one thing most women are picky about, it's usually jeans. Buy the wrong pair, and you end up looking like you've got on a horrendous pair of "mom jeans" or a disgusting display of camel toe. If you don't try them on, chances are, you'll wind up with a muffin top, which is nothing nice for anybody to see; in fact, I will go out on a limb to make a public service announcement: ladies, muffins belong in a bakery, they do not belong hanging out the waistband of your jeans. Thank you for your time.

Jeans are very difficult for me to find and purchase, because I am so particular. I have always had a big, curvy ass and no matter if I was a size 2 or a size 8, through the years, it's been a challenge to buy jeans. Right now, I am fluctuating between a size 4 and a size 6 (so, a size 26 or 27 in denim sizes) and they're still hard to shop for, and I'm sure just as I find a great pair, I'll lose more weight and have to get a whole new size again. The girls in my family seem to have no problem: they not only are able to glide right into the jeans, they also fit perfectly in length. I stand 5'2 in my bare feet and if I am not wearing heels, I am pretty short. Jeans usually fit me just fine in the butt (when I find the ones that fit my ass) and are loose in the waist, because my waistline happens to be more defined now, especially lately (shout outs to Globe Gym!) and fit just right in my legs but are looong on the bottom, which leads me no choice but to either alter them, cuff them, or wear 4" heels.

The one brand that has never done me wrong, the brand I always run back to and am a loyal follower of happens to be Rock & Republic. Now, I am a fan of Victoria Beckhams' style; I know many of you out there may dislike the skinny little darling, but I think she dresses impeccably most of the time. She designed a line for the brand, and I had to have the jeans; they have a crown on my ass, which I felt was appropriate, since my family and friends refer to me affectionately as the Princess.

Not only that, but those jeans are my "hey baby" jeans. Everytime I wear them, at least one guy will walk by and say "hey baby" and even though I generally don't pay attention to the comments, I am glad that my jeans fit the way they should.

Today April & I decided that, in order to live better lives, we needed to come up with a business plan soon and start our own company. And we decided when we have our own empire, we will run it in cute outfits, complete with jeans and heels. Because if you can't run an empire in jeans, that job really isn't our cup of tea. The right pair of jeans is like your BFF: when you find the right brand, you hang on to the ones that just fit you best and match your style, because they're certainly hard to come by.

Rock and Republic can be found at select Nordstrom stores, boutiques throughout the country, but your best bet may just be to order them online at www.revolveclothing.com/b/rockandrepublic, for the Rock and Republic online boutique on Revolve Clothing's website. Get yours today, because even us ladies with a little junk in our trunk can rock these babies like no other. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment