Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now...



Yesterday I drove out to Scottsdale Fashion Square, and had a pleasant day, shopping, lunch at Nordstrom Cafe, and browsing the bookstore aisles at Borders.

I woke up early yesterday to work out, so by the time I got ready to leave, I forgot a few important things to pack in my purse. When I got into my car, I started digging through my purse to look for my sunglasses, and realized I'd left them in my sunglass drawer at home (yes, I'm an organization weirdo and I have a whole drawer devoted to sunglasses and perfectly folded scarves.) Completely bummed, I walked into AJ's Fine Foods for my iced green tea with extra ice & sweetener (my favorite!) and realized just how important sunglasses really are.

Not only do they shield my eyes from the sun, and keep out harmful UV rays, they also prevent wrinkles. (Something I've been concerned about since I was 12.) They also allow me to walk through Fashion Square and not be bothered by people, because sometimes by oversized shades say "kick rocks" without the words having to come out of my own mouth. They give me the look of a celebrity who doesn't want to be bothered by the paparrazzi, and they add an instant touch of glamour to my outfit.
The pair I've purchased more recently is by Marc Jacobs, they're very Lauren Conrad from The Hills, square and oversized, and I totally love them.

Since I forgot mine at home, I was almost tempted to buy these Prada glasses at Nordstrom sunglass boutique at Fashion Square. They're also available at Sunglass Hut at Fashion Square, and Solstice at San Tan Village, and you can also find them online at www.nordstrom.com, for those who don't live close to these stores.

Hey, if I can't be a Hollywood star, I might as well look like one. Protect your eyes from the hot sun, and step out in style by treating yourself to a much deserved pair of glam new glasses. Put your stunna shades on, honey, because the sun is shining, and, best of all, so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment