Sunday, August 30, 2009

Love Potion Number 'Nine'



I absolutely love musicals. I love movies, and film, and theatre, and more than anything, I love when filmmakers from today create movies based on the work of past legends--so it is no big surprise I'm anxious to see the new Rob Marshall film "Nine" which is based on Federico Fellini's film, '8 1/2.' Fellini is the same guy who created 'La Dolce Vita.'

On top of loving movies, I love the costumes and wardrobe, hair and makeup, and seeing how it all comes together. For those who think movies don't have an influence on our society, you need only consider how often movies inspire trends and fashion.

I'm so thrilled that some of the major stars in this film, slated to come out this year, include Nicole Kidman, Fergie, and my favorite, Penelope Cruz.

What made me most happy, perhaps, is reading on a blog today that Fergie and Penelope were directed to gain weight for the film, so that they would be more 'voluptuous' in their lingerie and sexy clothing. It's nice to see Hollywood recognize the hot factor that a little meat on the bones can have, especially when it's enveloped in lace and satin. It made me feel better about my own curves, and if anything inspired me to shop, it was knowing that all over the world, soon enough, people will see women who embraced curvy bodies and still wore super sexy underpinnings to dance around on screen.



In honor of the movie, I was inspired to purchase sexy lingerie myself, and while shopping online, found this gorgeous lingerie set, complete with garters and thigh heels, sure to raise the temperature of any man. And though I wouldn't flatter myself to believe I can compete with the likes of Fergie or Penelope on the hotness meter, when I have a gentleman in my life who will have the pleasure of seeing this set for himself, hopefully, he'll appreciate it.



In the meantime, I will hit up the gym and dance classes with the same diligence I'm sure Fergalicious and Cruz did, because even us girls with curves want more confidence when we slip into something a little more sexy.

To purchase this lingerie, go to: www.victoriassecret.com, where you'll find it under sleepwear, by clicking on the tab: 'Sexy Lingerie.' Spice up your personal life today, and stay tuned for more info on Rob Marshall's film, Nine, coming soon to theatres.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need to sit down and watch a musical sometime...

    ReplyDelete