Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'll Keep You, My Dirty Little Secret





Sometimes I like to keep my beauty secrets to myself. I once went on a few dates with a guy who had really beautiful skin. When I asked if he had any particular trick to getting his skin so glowy, he said he read Cosmo and that he learned he had to massage in baby oil immediately after his shower, before drying off with a towel. I don’t know if I was more disturbed that I felt like he had stolen MY beauty secret, or that he, too, had read it in an issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine. Helen Gurley Brown herself would have scratched her head and wondered if she should lose the guy’s number after that date.

That being said, even though I blog and I like to mention all the latest beauty finds and steals out there that I unearth on my shopping ventures, I also keep some little tricks of the trade and tools to myself—call me selfish, if you will. This one, however, is totally worth sharing.

I work out about 5 days a week, and in the summer, I was clocking 6 days a week, 2 hours a day. (Please don’t ask me why my body doesn’t look like Heidi Klum’s yet; I ask myself the same damn question every time I strip down to my Victoria’s Secret lingerie everyday of my life in the full-length mirror.) Nevertheless, that is one hell of a lot of sweating going on, and my hair of course sometimes gets drenched, but mostly at the roots and around the crown of my hair.

In an attempt to salvage my hair and keep it long and healthy, I didn’t want to have to wash it everyday, but I also didn’t want hair that smelled like a man’s locker room. To that end, April recommended I buy dry shampoo, and ‘save the environment.’ Quite honestly, I’ll admit my selfish motivation—I wasn’t thinking about eco-friendly solutions, it was much more about me, not having to wash my hair on the daily. But, two birds, one stone, right?

Tigi’s Dirty Little Secret Dry Shampoo, part of their Rockaholic collection, not only has chic, sexy packaging, it smells good, neutralizes the smell of your hair and gives you volume at the roots; it also allows you to extend your shampoo and blow out another day, which, yes, April, saves water, but also saves you time and energy, which we all could use a little more of.

I’m very good at keeping things in the vault; I hold more secrets that people share with me than Fort Knox. But this one isn’t CIA status; it’s so good, I have to share it with my people, so run out and get dry shampoo for yourself.

And when your hair is looking fab the day after a major sweat session at your spinning class, I won’t tell your tool of the trade. It will be our dirty little secret. ;)

To purchase Rockaholic products from TIGI, especially Dirty Little Secret, check out select stores like Ulta or Trade Secret, or hit up San Tan Village's Toni and Guy Salon, where you can buy any of the TIGI products and get helpful, friendly service (the ladies in my Glam Crew highly recommend this salon, so put it on your priorities list, babe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment