Sunday, August 30, 2009

LC's Christmas Wish List...Starts Now.




Numero Uno on my Christmas Wish List?

World Peace. Duh.

But since that shit is probably not going to happen, why waste a wish on something unrealistic? If I’m going to wish for something unrealistic, I’d rather waste my wish on things like a new Chloe bag, or dresses from Diane von Furstenberg, or a Cartier tank watch.

But this is one of those items that makes my wish list, even if I know I might not get it.

Every time I walk into Nordstrom’s, third floor, right by Nordstrom Café and across from Brass Plum, I glance over at the home section where I always stare longingly at this gorgeous satin robe that’s lined with the most incredible fur I’ve ever felt in my life; so soft and sensual, I can imagine my freshly bathed and moisturized body slipping right into it while I do my hair in the mirror of my vanity, or apply my makeup in the mornings. It is luxurious and beautiful and I want it, Santa Claus, damn it!

But since I am no longer a little girl who writes hopeful letters to the man up North, I guess I’ll just have to save lots and lots of loose change and hope for the day when I can bring that robe home, and slip it on the body that was meant to feel such extravagance.

(Yeah, I’m talking about me, Santa, I can’t help it if I’m a little selfish, you never gave me a baby sister when I asked for one 24 years ago in preschool, and I’m used to getting the spotlight. You also haven’t brought me babies of my own—though maybe I should be thanking you for that—and so I have no one else to worry about except myself.)

Who knows what the holidays will hold in store for me…this year, I think someone to kiss under the mistletoe might be a more worthwhile present to ask for than a robe that costs $265.00. But it never hurts to ask, right?

To find this robe, check out Nordstrom online: www.nordstrom.com (the link is also on my blog page.) It is made by a line called 'Giraffe' and the fur lining is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment