Sunday, August 16, 2009

My A-List Hair from a Star Status Salon



All my life, since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a Hollywood star. I wanted to be an actress more than life itself. At 18, before I went off to ASU, I begged my Mom to let me move to Los Angeles and pursue an acting career; she said education was more important and that I would be broke and penniless in LA and at the time, that scared me so much that I pursued other paths. Still, I often wonder what might have been; I think that feeling is quite possibly one of the most atrocious feelings one can ever have, which is why in my present life, I refuse to let anyone keep me from chasing dreams, however impossible they may seem.

One of the perks, no doubt, of being a Hollywood starlet is to have a team of experts and professionals at your beck and call; having stylists to the stars and colorists that are so exceptional, they travel with the A-List. Because I still try to live a glam life, even on the budget of a single woman who is purchasing her first home, I would like to think that I have my very own "glam squad" to keep me on top of my game--although at this point, I'm not certain I have a "game" to be on top of, or "game", period.

I had my hair colored this weekend at Toni & Guy in Gilbert, at San Tan Village. Dani, a colorist for T&G, gave me THE best color I've had in ages, and made it shiny, healthy, conditioned, and looking like a million dollars. Sometimes I feel like Jessica Simpson with her personal hairdresser, Ken Paves, giving her the star treatment no matter where she goes. Dani & the crew at this salon are so awesome, you'd want to take them along with you as you jet-set across the globe on publicity tours, too.

If I was a celebrity, you can bet your sweet ass that I'd have my very own "glam squad" assembled & set to make me look red-carpet ready every single star-studded day. And even though I'm not in the lens of the paparrazzi's cameras, my hair is ready for a close-up, and yours can be, too--so see Dani at Toni & Guy, and get celeb worthy hair that won't break the bank.

Tell 'em Lorraine sent you, and be sure and mention that you read it here first, on Dreaming in Dior. First time clients usually get extra perks, so see what they can offer. My hair professionals are Dani for color; Lethan for cuts--and he is seriously THE best,too--so make those appointments, honey. Crystal is April's stylist but she's done my hair before, too, and she's amazingly talented. And no matter who you see at this salon, I can tell you that the staff at Toni & Guy at San Tan are professional, personable, and totally A-List.

I live and die by the quote "It's never too late to be what you might have been." Although I took a different path at 18, my 15 minutes may someday come...and at least when the cameras flash, and I'm in the limelight, one thing's for certain: I'll get the award for best hair.

Call Toni & Guy today to book an appointment: (480) 812-1955. They're located in the San Tan Village Mall right across from Forever 21, close to Harkins Theatres. Every person in that salon is incredibly friendly; you'll get the best customer service, every time. Tell 'em Lorraine referred you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment