Sunday, August 2, 2009

Save the Date



I have issues in my life.

If you know me well enough, I usually use that sentence at least a few times a day.

I say this because when I shop, I generally think about upcoming events I have planned. And if my calendar is running pretty bare in my BlackBerry, and nothing too exciting seems to be happening in the next week or so, I'll somehow imagine an event that could potentially happen, and I'll justify a reason to purchase an ensemble for said event.

I've envisioned everything from the outfit I would wear on the plane next time I take a trip out to California to visit my oldest nephew. How would I look as I boarded the plane? Like an in-a-rush celebutante, jet setting off to LA from NYC, in a pair of Uggs and designer jeans? Would I throw on a fedora to complete the look? And is the fedora in my closet sufficient? Or should I buy the one at this boutique, since I'm already here and all? I've also visualized what I needed to wear to my friend Rebecca's wedding, which is 9 months away, or to church on Christmas.

So, when I saw this gorgeous frock by 12th Street Cynthia Vincent, I thought to myself, "Ohhh-emm-GEEEE!" (that's OMG=oh!my!God! for those who don't speak text talk.) "I would so wear that on a date!" It's the right amount of glam, the right amount of sweetness, the right amount of sugar, the right amount of sexy. Put it all together, and you've got a recipe for a second date.

And since the dress costs as much as my car payment, it better ensure a third date.

Now, friends. One thing's missing from the recipe.

I need a hot date. ;)


(Purchase this fabulous dress by 12th Street Cynthia Vincent at www.couturecandy.com, click on the "Designers" tab and you'll find it there! Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment