Sunday, August 16, 2009

No Looking Back...




What am I looking forward to the most? I have made a list. And I've titled it "LC's Looking Forward List" because I am all about looking forward, ripping out the metaphorical 'rearview mirrors' and not looking back. I'm all about moving forward, and being enthusiastic about all that's up ahead for me.

To that end, here's my list:

LC's Looking Forward List:

1. Buying my first home.
I fully intend on selling my dining room set and purchasing a new one, also. You know you're a grown up when you get excited about shopping at Pottery Barn and when you want cookware from Williams Sonoma so you can cook for your dinner parties.

2. Getting my Professional Life Moving FORWARD...
And I plan on doing this in chic and sophisticated apparel from White House Black Market, mixed in with cheaper pieces from H&M and Forever 21, where, this weekend, I found so many career clothing options that will motivate anyone in 4" heels to kick some serious ass in their line of work.

3. Sticking to my current butt-kicking workouts...
Although it is admittedly GRUELING at times to wake up at 4:30, get to the gym after work, and then do the same thing 6 days a week, I grinned from ear to ear today when I took my measurements all over my body and had lost inches everywhere. If you like to look adorable in your workout gear, I recommend hitting up Lucy Boutiques in either Scottsdale or Gilbert for fantastic workout apparel that will make you the hottest chick to ever hit those treadmills.

4. Starting my OWN business...
Which I plan to do before the new year starts, and yes, it will involve fashion, because I believe in doing things we are truly, genuinely passionate about.

5. Spreading the word about Dreaming in Dior...
Because more people need to read about the world according to LC. So pass along the link to ALL your fashion loving friends, and become a follower today.

6. Scottsdale Fashion Week...
Because I promote so many local businesses and business owners, and highlight the best of the best in AZ and beyond, and since I am in the know when it comes to all things fashion, beauty, and in the media, I think the good people who coordinate Scottsdale Fashion Week ought to rightfully give me VIP tickets, front row status, to the runway shows. After all, who is anxiously anticipating this event more than me? Anybody who would call in sick to see runway shows should most definitely get special perks, especially since my little blog may just generate some buzz & some dollars to local businesses. It's a contribution.

As you can see, I have plenty to be thankful for and so much to look forward to...and I hope that as one of my blog followers, you're along for the ride, because I'd be glad to share snapshots and stories from my journey...I've let go of any baggage I ever had. Except for the Louis Vuitton baggage. That's just a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment