Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gotta Treat Me Right...



I don't know about all of you, but if I'm having a bad hair day, it seems like it throws off my entire day. That may sound vain (and it is, I'll be the first to admit it) but my hair is important to me. I've been growing it out, and I refuse to get a short haircut. (I even made it through the whole Posh Spice trend without even considering cutting off my long locks, which is a good thing, because everyone and their MOM got that haircut, seriously.) Yes, I've spent a small fortune at salons through the years, and had a whole colorful assortment of hair professionals come in and out of my life. The ones who I somehow always go back to, I refer to as my "glam squad," because they keep me polished and put together, always on point, which is just part of the magic that is LC. ;) But up until very recently, nothing I seemed to try was helping my hair. Because I spent an entire year of my life with the whole Jessica Alba look going on in my hair, I had also severely damaged my mane, trying to be honey blonde, & as soon as I'd cut it, it seemed like I'd keep getting broken, split, ugly hair a week or two later.

I was in a somewhat hopeless situation with my hair until about a week ago, and was completely frustrated and unsure of what to do with it. I felt like I was having a bad hair day, and my actual life, incidentally, seemed to mirror what was going on with my hair, too. For those of you who laugh and think I'm overdramatizing, I'm totally not.

My cousin, Priscilla, was getting her hair done, and I went with April to have dinner at Gordon Biersch. When we went back for her, I got asked to be a hair model by a hairdresser who had done my hair for awhile a few years ago. Because he's such a nice guy, I was obliged to say yes, though I admit I was a little nervous at first. But at the same time, I had total faith in his talent, so I knew my hair would be in good hands.

Two days later, I walked out of a salon with an amazing haircut; healthy, shiny hair, and enviable, effortless curls. The miracle product that my stylist used on my hair? A fantastic little product that delivers big results: "Treat Me Right", which is part of the TIGI hair collection. This deep conditioner not only smells fresh, pepperminty, and clean, it also strengthens and softens even the most hopeless of hair.

You can pick up Treat Me Right, as well as the entire Tigi collection of hair products at stores like Ulta, but I'd recommend paying a visit to Toni & Guy Salon at San Tan Village in Gilbert, where you can not only find Tigi products, but also get a fantastic new haircut, color, or other beauty service with a hair professional that will give you a beautiful new 'do. This salon's filled with helpful, friendly, and attentive salon professionals--April's gone here for years, and she's even more picky and selective than I am, if that's possible. :)

Sometimes all it takes is a pick-me-up to lift us out of a slump, whether it's with our hair, or in our lives. Check out this product for yourself, and visit the T&G salon at San Tan Village...where I have no doubt they'll treat YOU right, too.

To book your appointment today: Toni & Guy:(480) 812-1955.

No comments:

Post a Comment