Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sisterhood of the Traveling Men



LC's Movie Pick of the Week: Ohhhh. Emmm. Geee.
You've gotta see Time Traveler's Wife. Rachel McAdams was a stand-out actress in this role. And I must say, I sort of related to her. I mean, so many of my frustrations about men in my past have centered on their inability to stay in one place (with me) for very long, and as soon as they find me and come into my life, they seem to vanish through time in a whim. Perhaps they, like Eric Bana, were "time travelers", also? The question remains. At this point, they can all stay lost in time, I think I'm much better off that way.

Back to the film, however...though the storyline can be a bit confusing at first, everything makes so much sense in the end...which explains why, after the theatre had gotten relatively quiet afterwards, I started bawling so loud that everyone started to laugh at me, not with me. April and Priscilla included.

P.S.--Rachel McAdams, while not dressed to the nines in every scene, looked very pretty, and the costume designer probably didn't do too bad, considering she had to capture Rachel at various points in her life, and different years.

Go see the film for yourself, before it vanishes from theatres.

www.harkinstheatres.com or www.moviefone.com for showtimes and tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment