Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Adorned With Inspiration




I am a big fan of quotes. If you know me well enough, I incorporate quotes into just about everything-whether I am giving someone advice, or writing an article or blog; or even on greeting cards I make myself. I post them up on my bulletin boards at work for inspiration, and I use them frequently in my teaching and lessons. I think that there’s always more to learn, and one of the ways we derive the most wisdom in this life is from other people.

It’s no wonder, then, that as I browsed the jewelry section at Barney’s New York, I was immediately drawn to Aurora Lopez Mejia’s jewelry collection. Her pieces are a little rugged, unique, tasteful, and yet classic. She uses different materials and metals and then incorporates words, quotes, or phrases that could motivate even the most downtrodden among us.


Lopez Mejia has been creating handcrafted pieces for over 20 years, but she also owns a store, Talavera, in New York City. She has designed custom pieces for celebrities, and continues to carry her line at Barney’s, as well. Lopez Mejia says, of her jewelry: “It is my greatest pleasure to produce a piece of jewelry which is filled with a true meaning and inspiration for the wearer. I like to envision that each piece is symbolic and also a reminder of what is important in life.”

Life can get pretty complicated. Sometimes, we need a little extra inspiration and something to remind us who we really are, and what we expect from ourselves and our lives. And if you can find it while accessorizing, that’s just fabulous.

Purchase Aurora Lopez Mejia’s jewelry at Barney’s New York, Talavera, or visit www.auroralopezmejia.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment