Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If It IS Broke, Fix It...



I’m a fan of the mantra: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” When I go to my favorite restaurants, I always spend at least five minutes reviewing the menu carefully, as though it’s the first time I’ve ever studied it, but in the end, I will inevitably order the same exact dish I’ve ordered twenty thousand times before. I will be particular about how it is prepared, and I will drive the waitress (and my dinner guests) insane ordering my food. At the end of the day, it’s the same thing I’ve always ordered. When I grocery shop, I buy the same products that are tried and true and that I believe in. When I purchase jeans, I look for similar cuts and washes if I know they’ll work for me. Yes, it’s true: when something works for me, I stick with it. I am loyal and true. If there’s one area of my life where I really believe in remaining faithful, it’s makeup and skincare.

I love MAC to no end; I think they had me at hello. But for the past year, their Studio Fix foundation has made me break out so frequently, it’s made me reluctant to even apply it everyday, except that I need foundation to cover up my blemished skin. As a woman who’s never struggled with her complexion, and has always had really good skin (all over my body…yes, I’m blessed) I knew it had something to do with the foundation and concealer. (That, and my esthetician mentioned that I needed to switch products, because it was clogging my pores. Hey, some discoveries, you just can’t make entirely on your own.)

Lo and behold, I visited the Barney’s New York store at Scottsdale Fashion Square, one of my new favorite places, and while sipping bubbly, had my makeup applied by one of my favorite NARS reps, Raquel. She was showing me the line of skin care, concealers, and bronzer, but perhaps the best product I walked away with that day (and yes, there were several) was my foundation. It left me with a perfect canvas, flawless finish, to then apply a great bronzer or blush, like my tried-and-true fave, NARS’ Orgasm. (And with a name like that, who doesn’t love it?)

Sometimes it’s hard for us to try something new. But when something really is broke, you’ve gotta fix it before it gets worse. To try the foundation that fixed my skin, visit your local NARS counter at Barney’s New York, Neimans, or Sephora, and pick up the foundation for yourself today. I have a feeling you’ll be loyal, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment