Saturday, October 3, 2009

Young, Fabulous, & Purple





Purple is one of my favorite colors. I remember my Auntie Gloria, who always asks for my fashion advice and lets me help her shop, reciting a line from a poem to me along the lines of “When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple.” Since I always insist on reassuring my Mom and Aunts that they are not old (as this makes me feel much younger) I told her, “Don’t be ridiculous. Anyone can wear purple. I’ve been wearing purple since my Christening.” To which she responded, “Actually, my dear, you wore white to your Christening, sweetie.” Point taken.

Nevertheless, purple remains a fashion staple; it is a gorgeous color and comes in a variety of rich, regal, exotic shades for Fall. Women like the beautiful Ms. Longoria-Parker have been seen out and about wearing the color with confidence & flair.

Don’t wait until you’re an old lady to wear purple. Now is the time, take it out of your closet or off the hanger, and walk out of the house looking pretty & posh in purple. It’s your time, dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment