Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Can See Your Halo




As a child, my Mom seemed to have a lot more time (ironically) to sew clothing for us. Maybe the fact that my parents didn’t have a whole lot of money necessitated my Mom’s sewing clothes; nevertheless, she made me some rather cute little outfits as a kid, but she turned around and made me harem pants a’la MC Hammer, too, and that was a fashion don’t that I never, ever want to re-live.

One of the outfits I do remember, however, was a jumpsuit, and it was crafted out of the softest fabric, it was comfortable, breathable, and fun, and I wore it until I couldn’t wear it anymore (much like most of my clothing in my childhood.)

I will always cherish the things my Mom made for me, from Halloween costumes to dance dresses to graduation and special event dresses. They were made from the heart, by someone who had me specifically in mind; someone who, no matter what, will always love me more than any other person on the face of this earth, in a way that nobody else ever will. The link between my Mother, fashion, and me is irreplaceable, and unbreakable…and if I have anybody to thank for my love of fashion it would have to be my amazing Mom. There will never be a better feeling when it comes to fashion than slipping into a specialty, tailored-to-fit creation that only I will own, and one made by hands that once rocked me to sleep as s baby.

Since Mom’s time is much more limited these days, I plan to indulge my fashion whim and need for a jumpsuit by purchasing a silky, seductive Black Halo jumpsuit, available at www.shopharmonylane.com or www.shopmoodyblues.com, where you can purchase your own version of this trend.

As fab as I think Black Halo clothing is, it will still never compare to the jumpsuit my Mama made me. That outfit was one-of-a-kind. Just like my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment