Sunday, October 18, 2009

'Cause I Love Your Style...



Call me a sucker for a great book about fashion, but I am currently infatuated with this book I purchased at Papyrus, where I buy my stationary, wrapping paper and greeting cards--it was admittedly an impulse purchase because it was positioned close to the cash wrap, caught my attention, and immediately was picked up and added to my bill. "This looks like the type of book you'd enjoy," the pleasant woman who was ringing up my purchase told me. As though women who wear Tiffany bracelets, 5 diamond rings, Movados and platform Jimmy Choo heels do not read books about politics or foreign affairs (the irony is, I actually do. I may be obsessed with shopping and fashion, and I may be the best dressed chick on the block, but I also have a passion for politics & plenty of opinions on issues that have nothing to do with shoes and designer labels.)

One look at my eclectic bookshelf, however, and you will notice that my passion for fashion runs deep and that I am inspired by fellow writers who feel inclined to share that love with the world. Amanda Brooks' smart little collection "I Love Your Style" not only gives readers the chance to explore photos from throughout history, it is informative and inspiring, and made me want to run to my closet and take an inventory of new options and ideas for putting myself together from head to toe.

I believe you can be smart and chic, and sometimes, they go hand in hand.
When it comes to THIS girl, they will ALWAYS go hand in hand...and are two parts to one very fashionable identity.

That's just me.

Purchase your copy today at Barnes and Noble or Borders Books & Music, or your favorite bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment