Saturday, October 17, 2009

Well Hello-ooo, Dollface


As a teenager, and even during college, everyone would compliment my skin. I remember a guy named Jerry I went to school with, a good friend of mine, telling me that I had “skin like a doll.” In other words, it was porcelain: I never got blemishes, and when I did, I would freak out because I had one tiny pimple, usually when it was that time of the month.

When I turned 27 this past year, my skin went haywire. I don’t know exactly what is to blame for my breakouts; it could be my hormones, it is VERY likely all the stress in my career and professional life; and it might just be a change in my body’s chemistry. Or maybe it’s payback for always having flawless skin when I was younger. I have tried literally everything to get rid of the blemishes, short of laser therapy or microdermabrasion. Since I really don’t’ want to do anything too invasive, I’ve been very cautious about what I use on my skin.

My Aunt Patsy, ever the Oprah fan, recommended Mario Badescu to me a few months ago, because it was one of “Oprah’s Favorite Things.” Well, hell, if it worked for Oprah, it has to work for me, I thought. (Honestly, that’s not exactly what I thought, but at that point, I was willing to try anything to improve my skin.)

I bought the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion at Ulta, knowing this was great, because previously, you had to order the products online or hope to find it at Nordstrom. Mario Badescu is not sold mainstream: you can’t run to Walgreen’s or Rite-Aid or Long’s and go purchase it on a shelf.

Lo and behold, after a few nights of using the drying lotion, my blemishes started to heal. My skin started to improve. And even though I experience the occasional breakout even now, I know my skin’s on the way to recovery, and I’ll be a devoted Badescu follower from here on out. Soon enough, hopefully, my skin will look like that of a porcelain doll…once again.

To find Mario Badescu’s products, visit your local Ulta store, or the website: www.mariobadescu.com, or your local Nordstrom, or online at www.nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment